Sorry I haven't updated this in a while, will try to more often! :) So I was street performing today and I met some other cool musicians and people who like music too. I got a lot of positive feedback, thanks so much I really appreciate it! So yeah street performing is really fun and I love it! i'll be doing a lot more of it through out the summer so watch out for me on the streets of boston! :)
I'm not into resolutions, however, being a musician does require a bit of resolve. Therefore, I've declared January the month that I will work on playing out more--technically it isn't a resolution, just a low-key agreement I made with myself. Unfortunately, it is a little difficult to set up my street performing show in the middle of gargantuan snow banks. Hmm. I wonder if portable, battery-operated heaters exist. They should.
Speaking of being indoors, I've been spending massive amounts of time in my basement writing new music and improving my garageband skills. I've also put together a little band so that when I play out my music has a fuller sound. We'll see how that goes.
Are you stuck inside, too? Below I've shared "Sasha's Top-ten Winter Activities That Don't Involve Going Outdoors," to help you fill your days.
10. watch a movie--I recommend The Town
9. Stare through an ice covered window while mocking the neighbors' enthusiasm as they play in the snow.
8. Read The Help. This is actually really good.
7. Waste endless hours watching people fall on Youtube.
6. Sleep until noon to miss the coldest part of the day.
5. Keep up-to-date on Oprah's final season--what could be the family secret? I must know!
4. Incessantly listen to la roux and Cee Lo Green
3. Become world champion of Mario Kart (Hey-I'm getting my permit soon and need some practice).
2. Browse the spring clothing collections online
1. Set up skype on multiple computers and pretend I have friends over.